Southwest Airlines will officially enter the Memphis International Airport with its Southwest brand on November 3, 2013. In addition to officially entering the market with the Southwest name, Southwest will also add two new daily non-stop service destinations from Memphis – Houston Hobby and Tampa. Those flights begin on November 3 as well. These two flights under the Southwest brand will be joined by the change of brand and aircraft of the AirTran flights to Baltimore/Washington, Chicago Midway and Orlando that begin on August 11. All of the Southwest Memphis service is currently available for booking.
“We are very happy about welcoming Southwest Airlines into Memphis International Airport. November 3 will be a great day for all Memphians and the mid-South when that first Southwest Airlines plane touches down at our airport,” said Larry Cox, President and CEO of the Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority.
Upon completion of the service additions and change of AirTran flights to Southwest, the airline’s presence in Memphis will be:
• Two daily roundtrip flights between Memphis and Chicago Midway
• One daily roundtrip flight between Memphis and Baltimore/Washington
• One daily roundtrip flight between Memphis and Orlando
• One daily roundtrip flight between Memphis and Houston
• One daily roundtrip flight between Memphis and Tampa Bay